All courses are open.
Please CLICK here to read the latest news from the Junior Section
Please CLICK hear to read the latest news from the Junior Section
Please CLICK here to read the latest news from the Junior Section!
(1) Andrew Thornton, Finlay Hamilton and Jamie Roberts have got into the Scottish Boys Amateur at Murcar GC to be held during the first week in April.
(2) Andrew has also been chosen as one of 4 boys in the county to get onto a Gleneagles scholarship, allowing him additional coaching and use of the fabulous facilities up there.
4 Muckhart Lads (Jamie Roberts, Finlay Hamilton, Andrew Thornton and Oliver Devlin) qualified for P&KC Race to Kingsbarns. The finals day was held at Kingsbarns on Saturday 24 October. Three MGC lads finished in the Top 10 Scratch competition and all 4 finished in the Top 11 of the handicap section.
Well done guys, excellent results and what a fabulous experience for you all.
Some unofficial facts –
- There were around 150 boys/girls that played in at least 1 of the RTK opens. These 150 players represented 26 different clubs from P&K, Angus, Fife, Clacks and Lothians.
- Muckhart and Blairgowrie are the only clubs to have 4 qualifiers in the final 24.
- The 4 Muckhart qualifiers have between 3 & 7 more years as juniors!
- Muckhart has 1 qualifier from each of the 4 RTK categories i.e. Over 14 Scratch, Over 14 Hcp, 14 and under Scratch and 14 and under Hcp.
- 13 Muckhart juniors played in at least 1 RTK open. 2nd only to Blairgowrie who had 15 players participate in at least 1 open.
As mentioned, it has been a fantastic year for the Muckhart Juniors!
Muckhart Junior team lost a very close final today over the Lansdowne course at Blairgowrie GC.
The final result was 3-2 to Craigie Hill Juniors with the match being decided by the last pairing on the 18th green. A very exciting finish.
Jamie played in the Race to Dunbar this summer.
We are delighted to say that Jamie played in all 12 of their Junior Opens and won the Lothian's Race to Dunbar under 15 handicap Order of Merit.
He was also 8th in the under 15 Scratch Order of Merit.
The photo is Stephen Gallagher presenting Jamie with his prize for winning the Race to Dunbar. Fabulous!
Muckhart Golf Club were runners up to Strathmore Golf Club in P&KC Junior Scratch League 2015 final. The match was played at Blairgowrie Golf Club and Strathmore won by 3 v 0. Hard lines guys!
- Brad Bannerman beat Andrew Thornton 3&2
- Alex Simpson beat Finlay Hamilton 5&4
- Kirsty Brodie beat Jamie Fulton 6&5
As MGC is part of the Clubgolf Coaching Programme we have been requested to advise all members of our club who our Child Protection Officer is.
In our case this is Christine Laing - Tel. No. 01259 781442, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This information needs to be displayed on both our club and junior websites, at the request of the SGU.
Please contact Junior Convenor, Jan King, 01577 840524, for further information on membership fees etc.
All three courses and the Practice Areas are exclusively available to Junior Members on a Thursday evening from 4.30pm until 6.30pm.
The Practice Area is generally available at all times to Juniors.
To encourage Juniors to participate in the sport, we offer the use of free golf equipment to any Junior wishing to join us to take up golf, and the dress code does not apply to Juniors.
We encoursge our Juniors to obtain handicaps and to to enter junior competitions both at Muckhart and elsewhere.
Following on from last year, Muckhart Golf Club Junior Section has further embraced the ClubGolf Academy Model for coaching. On Thursday nights, Juniors (aged 9 or over) will be allocated to one of 3 sections according to their level of golfing skills. The 3 sections are:
Stage 1 Beginners (Entry Level) (Development)
Stage 2 Intermediate
Stage 3 Advanced
Our volunteer coaches are registered with Disclosure Scotland and have been briefed in Child Protection procedures.
Junior Coaching can be a very rewarding experience which is highly valued by the Juniors and by the Club itself. Contact the Junior Convener if you'd like to become a trained junior coach or simply help out.
The Junior Booklet answers many of the frequently-asked questions parents have.